Home > Page

Theme: Advertising Research


  • Themes

  • Type

Market research and market intelligence play an important role before, throughout and following the life of a direct mail or advertising campaign.

There is much that market research can do to improve and to measure the effectiveness of promotions.

  • When advertising is at the initial development stage, market research can obtain input from the potential target audience through exploratory research.
  • As the ad begins to take shape, we capture the reactions of the audience in order to refine the campaign and ensure it is completely ‘on message’.
  • And once the advertisement is released, we obtain further feedback as well as measuring awareness rates and effectiveness.

Some of our thinking on the subject of advertising research is shown below:

Article

Promotional Strategy: Sound Your Horn


Promotion forms an important part of any marketer’s remit, but are you embracing new promotional opportunities and finding the optimum promotional mix?. This article, part of our series on developing a marketing strategy, aims to explore how you can develop a promotional strategy.

Article

Testing the Effectiveness and ROI of Sponsorship


Testing the effectiveness of advertising using market research is a process that has been refined over the years. However, testing the effectiveness of sponsorship is more difficult since it may be a simple matter of a brand name emblazoned on a shirt, or a car, or on the side of a sports ground.

White Paper

Business Promotions & B2B Advertising: Ad Testing Research

Written by Paul Hague

What is the role of promotion and advertising in B2B markets and how can you measure its effectiveness? In this white paper we aim to answer the most important questions about b2b advertising and promotions.

Infographic

Hit the bull’s-eye


B2B advertising is usually characterized by an emphasis on rational selling points. But in the end, success comes down to delivering an appealing message to the right audience. This infographic highlights four key factors in effective B2B advertising.

Article

Making Your Ads Work Harder


It’s worth spending 10% of your ad budget on research if it makes the other 90% more effective. In this article, we look at how research can be used to diagnose campaign problems, and how to increase the return on investment from advertising research.

White Paper

Advertising Among SMEs

Written by Paul Hague and Matthew Powell

In this white paper we draw together 35 years’ experience as business to business market researchers to give a deeper understanding of how b2b advertising works.









I can honestly say that I thought the quality of the research and the scope of the final presentation was excellent and much better than any other study we have commissioned.

Packaging Automation

I was impressed by B2B International's outstanding abilty to execute on a compressed timeline as well as their abilty to analyze and communicate extensive data in a concise and meaningful way.

Tufts University