Market research and market intelligence play an important role before, throughout and following the life of a direct mail or advertising campaign.
There is much that market research can do to improve and to measure the effectiveness of promotions.
- When advertising is at the initial development stage, market research can obtain input from the potential target audience through exploratory research.
- As the ad begins to take shape, we capture the reactions of the audience in order to refine the campaign and ensure it is completely ‘on message’.
- And once the advertisement is released, we obtain further feedback as well as measuring awareness rates and effectiveness.
Some of our thinking on the subject of advertising research is shown below:
Which information sources are the most effective for customer advocacy? Is a webinar more trusted than word-of-mouth? See which sources rank where in this guide to power and influence.
B2B advertising is usually characterized by an emphasis on rational selling points. But in the end, success comes down to delivering an appealing message to the right audience.
With the growth of a business, comes the need for global expansion into foreign markets. We have come up with six simple strategies to ensure your business achieves international success.
In this white paper we draw together 35 years’ experience as business to business market researchers and the findings of a recently commissioned study of over 245 small and medium enterprises (SME)...
Making The Promotional Pound Go Further I assume that because you are reading this white paper that you operate in a business to business market. I...
It's worth spending 10% of your ad budget on research if it makes the other 90% more effective. A manufacturer of barbed wite and field fencing once faced a new season with warehouses full of products. The options were fairly restricted since: (a) all fencing is made to a British Standard and there is little difference in quality or design between the products of the different manufacturers; (b) the objective is to sell in as much as possible to the key distributors (who sell on to small agricultural merchants who in turn supply the...
A supplier of commodity products is in a price trap and wants to find a differentiated position. It decides to do so through building its brand amongst a global audience. Methodology Limitations that the researchers had to work to: The research had to be fully completed in two months as the promotional campaign was under...